Join the Poetry Society: Become a Member Today!
Why Join Us?
- PSV regional meetings, readings, and festivals in 5 regions, soon to be expanded to 7 across the Commonwealth!
- Free submission to annual poetry contests in multiple categories. Publication of winning poems in Poetry Virginia
- Emailed bi-monthly PSV Newsletter, with poems and essays on writing, as well as announcements of recent or forthcoming publications (including yours!)
- Low-cost participation in the annual PSV Spring Poetry Festival at The College of William & Mary
- An annual PSV Book Award Contest, which you could win!
- A sense of shared history and community with other poets in your region and across the state as you become a part of one of the oldest poetry organizations in the nation.
As a member, you are invited to actively join the Society’s efforts to encourage excellence in the writing of poetry and a greater appreciation of poetry. There are opportunities for you to help us build a better and more responsive Society—just raise your hand and volunteer!
We are organized in five regions with a vice president for each region. We have at least one meeting in each region each year, and a two-day festival meeting in May. Our regional meetings typically include an open reading, a luncheon, a program, and, usually, a guest reader.
Our newsletter, A Common Wealth of Poetry, is published at least six times a year and is mailed, or emailed, about two weeks prior to our meetings. The newsletter has information about upcoming meetings and other events. Selected members’ poetry is published in the newsletter.
Dues are due annually and may be paid in one, two, or three year increments. The more time you pay for at once, the more you save!
Purchasing a lifetime membership settles your dues in perpetuity.
Special discounted memberships are available for students and classrooms.
Members may pay their dues by check through the mail or online using PayPal.
Poetry Society of Virginia
PO Box 14046
Newport News VA 23608